HUNTINGTON BEACH CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics in the United States
Motor vehicle accidents are the nation's leading cause of personal injury claims, and one of the leading causes of death and injury in the United States:
- In the U.S., more than 37,000 people are killed in traffic collisions annually
- Another 2.35 million suffer injuries or disability
- More than 1,600 children aged 14 years old and under die in auto collisions every year
- Close to 8,000 annual traffic fatalities in the U.S. are drivers between the ages of 16 and 20
- Motor vehicle collisions cost the U.S. $230.6 billion every year, which is an average $820 per person nationwide
If you were hurt in an accident involving another driver, you may need to speak with a Huntington Beach personal injury attorney about your situation and the options available to you at this time. We can investigate your collision and protect your rights and interests after the accident.
Coping with Property Damage
The state of California requires drivers to carry car insurance. If you were at fault in the accident, you'll be pursuing compensation through your insurance policy. If you were not at fault, you will likely seek compensation from the other driver's policy because California is not a state with no-fault insurance laws.
If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, the insurance company might write it off as a loss or pay for repairs. You may need to speak with an Orange County car accident lawyer in order to protect your rights and ensure you are fairly compensated. Call Viefhaus & Schneider to learn more.
We Are Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Orange County
Where you injured in a car accident? After receiving necessary medical care, you may be looking at expensive healthcare bills. If you are not at fault for the accident, your medical bills should be paid through the liability coverage of the at-fault driver.
Other payment sources could include:
- Medical payment coverage
- Health insurance
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Speak with an attorney from Viefhaus & Schneider to ensure that your rights are protected after an accident. Call our office today to set up a free case evaluation.